Amala Ekpunobi story

 


hey hated white people I'm half white

am I supposed to hate that half of
myself am I supposed to hate my family
that was a light bulb moment for me
my name is amla enoughy and this is my
story
i'm 20 years old i was born in florida
and i'm a social media influencer and
prager force member
so my father was a nigerian immigrant he
moved to america he met my mother
they fell in love and got married and
they had
three children me being the middle child
and he was in my life up until i was six
years old
and then my parents got divorced so
i have very little memories of him as a
child
and as they were divorced i didn't see
him very often
maybe every year or so
and now he bears very little influence
in my life which i know
is common for most people in the black
community unfortunately
so i sort of fall into that statistic
if you will so my mom is a very
strong-willed woman a very opinionated
woman she happens to work
for the left she is a fundraiser so she
gets all the funding for the
organization that she works for
as a child my mom's beliefs were
ingrained in me she
taught me leftist ideology and in what
she believed from a very young age and i
was always
well aware of where she fell on the line
and
expected to believe the same not having
my father in my life did have an impact
on me
but i found father figures elsewhere
and two people who had a major influence
on me were my grandparents
and they are this strong beautiful
conservative couple that has been
married for years and years
and they taught me how to be a lady
they taught me how to carry myself and
be mature
and i find myself very lucky actually
that even though
my family does not agree with the values
that i
am putting out to the world that my
family accepts what i do
and that they are proud of what i do
even though they disagree
when i was 17 and i graduated high
school i took up a job
as a youth organizer at my mother's
organization
and as i was working there i remember in
particular
walking into the office and hearing
these conversations specifically in
regards to white people
and it was blatantly racist there was no
way around it there was no beating
around the bush
they hated white people and i sat down
with the vp of the organization and
i told him i was concerned i'm half
white i grew up with
my white family am i supposed to hate
that half of myself am i supposed to
hate my family
he essentially told me you have to
understand that people are angry
and they're rightfully angry and they're
going to say these things and maybe they
don't fully mean it but you have to sit
down and you have to take it and you
should be angry too
so that was a light bulb moment for me
and i went out to seek answers on my own
since nobody wanted to answer them
i went online and i found an interview
in particular
of thomas sol and something that
resonated with me is that
he was a marxist for most of his young
life
just as i was and that shared experience
was a beautiful revelation to see
and now he is this beautiful mind who
has intellect
beyond what i will ever be capable of so
he is a major
inspiration for me and a big part of why
i'm a conservative today
so when i think about the black
community in america
and how we are taught to be victims it
is devastating for me
and what happens is you
are raised in a society in which really
nobody is treating you differently
but you have the mindset that they are
and
not only does it hold you back from
creating your own success but it holds
you back from taking accountability
and you no longer are responsible for
your actions because you have somebody
to blame
and people perpetuate that and they tell
you that's okay
and they say yes you are a victim and
then you go out with that mindset and
when success doesn't happen for you you
blame it on other people
and ultimately i think that is the main
problem with that narrative is that
there's no accountability in the black
community anymore
and people get very very angry when you
say things like that
because they want their race to be seen
they think it's such a pivotal part of
who they are as a person
and it's overtaking character it's
overtaking morals and values it's
overtaking
where you even land politically your
race is
seen as this sort of pivotal structure
to who you are
when that should not be the case we are
bringing back segregation in this
country
and people will sell it to you as if
we're doing it in a positive manner but
it is segregation nonetheless and that
is never positive
so that's another narrative that the
american people are being sold that we
need to uplift black people and in doing
that we need to keep them in their
separate categories and we we
need to give them their success
and it perpetuates the very same racist
narrative that they are trying to run
away from because if black people can't
do anything without your help
and without the help of white liberals
or white leftists
what are you saying about the black
community you're saying that they're not
capable of doing things without you
you're taking away
their character you're taking away their
success and putting it under your name
we are seeing this positive segregation
in the black only college dorms we're
seeing it in affirmative action
we're seeing it in our streaming
services like netflix and hulu where we
have black only categories
i went onto youtube the other day and i
got a
big poster that said let's uplift black
creators and here's a list of black
creators on our platform
we are segregating virtually every
single facet of our society and we're
doing it
in this gradual process and teaching
people that it's a positive
aspect of our lives when it's not the
left is very very supportive of
anti-american values and anti-american
speech
and they see it as taking back
a country that has not served them even
though america has done
wonders for everybody who lives here i
fear that if
things continue on the same track that
they're on right now we are going to
lose all sight of what america ever was
or what america should be
and there are strong campaigns to
strip america of its tradition and of
its values
and a lot of it is what we are taught
when we go
into school we are taught that this
country of freedom and liberty
has all these transgressions that nobody
wants to talk about and nobody wants to
discuss
and really we have a systemic issue that
we
really are not the the free and tolerant
country that we
preach to people that we are we are not
the beacon on the hill that we try to
get other people to perceive us as
and i think it is just a child that is
born of misinformation
and lies i think that we can all find
common ground in looking at
the beautiful things that this country
has to offer we get to
experience more freedom than anybody in
the world
the fact that i can go out and have
freedom of speech and say what i feel
and what i think
it's also amazing in this country that
we
can come here and enjoy all these
opportunities create businesses create
our own world create our own dream
and to know that you can go out and be
whatever you want to be
is a beautiful thing that should
absolutely be celebrated on both sides.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl Without a Phone - A Cinderella Story

The Girl Without a Phone - a Rapunzel Story