The Girl Without a Phone - A Cinderella Story



 Did you know that in The Princess and the  Frog she didn't actually kiss the frog? 

Well of course she did. It turned into a prince after she threw it against a wall. Seriously?  
According to Brothers Grimm. Some of these old fairy tales, they're not what we think 
they are. Well, I like the Disney versions better you should be nice to everyone even a frog. I'd like to throw him against the wall.  Sierra oh my gosh. What, he's so good-looking,  
look at him. How does he get his hair like that?  Do you think it's soft? Probably, just like his 
lips. Can you imagine kissing them that would be a fairy tale come true? Hang on, I'll text him until it's my birthday. Oh wait, I don't have a phone. I'll do it, Brett what's up you're my prince charming come to my birthday party I'd like you to give me a big fat sloppy cupcake.  
what? I almost forgot I brought you a cupcake.  Oh, you're the best friend ever I love cupcakes.
That's a muffin. Cupcakes have icing,  there's no icing. My mum won't let me 
have any icing. No boyfriends, no phones,  no icing high school doesn't get any worse than this. Well, you can look at the bright side, things can only get better.
Oh a cupcake, five-second rule, thanks.  It's a muffin, joke's on you. Lily. Jenny  
Nikki hi. This button is falling off my jacket. Oh, I can fix that for you.  
I thought she already fixed it. That was on her sweater. I wasn't talking to you. Sorry.
That was on my sweater. Oh. Why are you two even in this hallway? I was getting something from my 
locker. We told you to stay in the library. We were just going there. Look around, you don't belong. Sorry. Could you hurry up, I'd rather people didn't see this. I'm almost done. Careful,  
don't poke me with that. Sorry. You guys are really pretty. If we wanted a TBH, we would 
ask for one. and don't try to follow us on social media. Don't worry we can't, we don't have phones.  
Oh my god, what? Hey girls, you coming to the game tomorrow? Brett oh my god totally. Bus leaves at  
3:00, you want to ride with the team? um, hello.  I'll save you both a spot. Wish he'd talk to me 
like that. um, hello. I want to be just like them if only I had a phone. Yeah check it out,  
I got it for my birthday. It's so shiny. It can do everything, texts, tweets, a camera,  
and even this thing. What is it? I don't know.  It's really cool. You wanna do a selfie together?  
um hello. Okay so I think you just um, oh I'm  not really sure I think it's just in here but um,  
actually do you know how? What's the matter?  Nothing I'm happy for you. Are you sure?
What's wrong? I'm the only one in the school who  doesn't have a phone. You'll get one. You don't 
understand, my parents think that phones are evil,  like bad things will happen to me if I get one,  
like it's the Gateway to creepers getting me.  Creepers won't get you. I know that's what I  
said. I thought we told you to stay... is that yours? Yeah. What model is that? It's this one,  
I got it for my birthday. Oh my god. You will come with us. What, why? Because we need to take 
you shopping. Who me? You totally need a case for it. What's your number? I taped it to the back.  
Tonight shopping, just the three of us, are you in? ok. We'll text you, deuces. Deuces. Oh my god,  
can you believe that? They took your number. Yeah. So are you gonna go? Oh no,  
they probably just want a cyberbully me or something. Oh my gosh. What's it doing. It's 
a text from Nikki. We got you a seat on the team bus you're coming to the game with us.  
meet out front at 3. Oh my gosh, what should I  do? Well, what do you want to do? Well I mean 
this is. I'll be fine. Really? Okay, I better get to study block and finish my homework, deuces.
You coming? huh? To the game, the bus is about to leave. Sorry I was 
just looking through the recycling. Are you coming? Are you talking to me? Yeah,  
who else would I be talking to? You want me to come to the game with you? Yeah,  
you could sit beside me on the way over. I  could really use a good luck charm. I really 
want you there. Okay I can't I have homework.  Homework, forget homework it's a big game. Well  
it's a big project, it's English and it's due on  Friday. You sure? Yeah. You're such a cute nerd.
Are you showering this morning? uh yeah. Then  hurry up your brother hasn't showered in a week.
Oh my god, Lily good move yesterday. What? With  Brett, playing hard to get, you are such a tease,  
not going to the game. now he wants you even  more. Wait he what? Don't worry you didn't scare  
him off. We told him you still like him, hope you don't mind. Wait what, what is happening? What's 
happening is he's gonna ask you out in science today, so be ready. Deuces. Sierra. Oh my gosh,  
what happened to you? Something weird is going on. Yeah no kidding, look at you. I think it  
has something to do with this phone. You've got a phone. Yeah, where's your phone? uh I dropped 
it off the bleachers at the game. Everyone laughed at me while I cleaned it up. So you never went to the mall. Hey bestie, come sit with us. We need  you in our group for the chem project. C'mon.
Speaking of chemistry. Oh my god he's  so into you. Winky face him back,  
but with a heart this time. Yeah what. Just  here and here and send. Should we be doing this,  
I mean what about the project? I know right.  Oh my god he's coming. Get ready. Lily,  
not the time nor the place, you can have it back  after class. Why don't you go work with Sierra,  
you'll have a better time focusing. Let's go,  don't make you do all the work. Done, I think  
we aced it. And if you didn't finish it today  there will be time tomorrow. Thank you, sorry. Hey  
so I think I still have some birthday money left  over if you want to go get some pop and licorice.  
Sure. Lily there's someone who wants to ask you  something. Lily. Hi. You want to be my girl? Yes.
Sure is hot out today. Yeah. Sorry my hands  aren't usually that sweaty. That's cool. Hey uh,  
now you're my girl there's only  one way to make it official. Oh,  
should I sign something? Yeah right here.
Oh, hang on. What's that? Its um,  nothing sorry where were we? You know,  
maybe we shouldn't rush things. um  I mean okay. In fact there's a sale  
at the mall for my hair gel. Okay  um are we still? See you around.
So when I have the phone I'm popular. But when  it dies, or it gets taken away. You become you  
again. So what's going on this doesn't make  sense. Actually I think it does. How? I've  
read about this before it's called the  Cinderella phenomenon. The what? The  
Cinderella phenomenon. It could happen, a fairy  tale has taken over your life. What? The phone,  
it's like your fairy godmother gave you this  gift and when it dies it's like midnight and  
the spell is broken. Okay but this is  real life. I'm serious, Nikki and Jenny,  
they're so mean like like evil step sisters  and and Bret he's your prince charming. Well  
what are you? I don't know like the animals or something. It's Brett. Oh your folks charged,  
he wants you again. But he doesn't really want me  for me though, like wants this magical Cinderella 
me. Maybe there's a little bit of Cinderella in you. If you believe. What should I do? The  
princess never chickens out in a fairy tale. I  just hope this won't die on me again. Atta girl.
Regional tournaments, they start next week so starting tomorrow we have to practice every day.  
Oh um I knitted you this it's a sweatband, has  your number on it. Thanks this is uh cool. I just  
hope doesn't mess up your hair don't worry  I got extra gel yesterday, should be fine.
You okay? uh yeah I just thought it'd  be softer. Should have warned you,  
extra strong hold. I think actually pricked  my finger, just like sleeping beauty. What?  
Um nothing, wrong fairytale. So yesterday we were about to make things official. Yes 
we were. Well, look around. Why? So that you can always remember where you had your first kiss.
how was the kiss? It was... okay. That's it? Well yeah I mean there was no lip action. it was 
kind of like practicing kissing on my arm, except my arm smells better. Pretty sure he ate something like tuna for lunch. Gross. I know, honestly  he's not as interesting as I thought he would be.  
Like all he talks about is basketball and hair gel. You know what I think you deserve better.
Yeah, maybe I do. You should text your evil stepsisters they'll never believe what you 
just did. Um hello. Wait, Sierra, I think I lost the phone. Oh you mean this one? Where'd you find 
it? I stole it before you went to go see Brett.  But how? I felt confident and cool and beautiful.  
Without the phone. How though? I told you, you had it with you all along, you don't need a glass 
slipper or a phone or anything you just need to be you. What's that like a moral or something? Every 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl Without a Phone - a Rapunzel Story

Amala Ekpunobi story